Hodder + Partners is the incorporated continuation of Hodder Associates, founded in 1983 by practice Principal Stephen Hodder. The practice offers architectural services across all sectors, including interior design, masterplanning and urban design. We have established a proven track record in creating high quality, innovative, sustainable design solutions across a range of sectors, and have particular experience in the residential, commercial and higher education sectors.
In 1992 it received the Royal Fine Art Commission/Sunday Times ‘Building of the Year’ Award for Colne Swimming Pool in Lancashire. This resulted in the appointment to extend Arne Jacobsen’s Grade I listed St Catherine’s College, Oxford, a client relationship which extended for some 20 years, culminating with the £8.7m Phase II extension, which has now received 5 awards.
In 1996, the practice received the inaugural RIBA Stirling Prize, for the Centenary Building, University of Salford. It has since won a further 40 major national awards.
The work of the practice seeks a future in the extension and transformation of the modern tradition wherein recurring themes of space, composition of form, proportion, light and materiality are explored within a strong framework of placemaking and the delivery of sustainable, functional buildings.
We listen, collaborate, and deliver imaginative buildings and places for people, and sustainable outcomes for clients and contractors alike.
We believe our particular qualities are:
- The ability to establish close and pro-active working relationships with clients, consultants and contractors
- A flexible structure and ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- A clear understanding as to the nature and means of consultations during brief assimilation and early stages of the design process
- The ability to generate both clear and imaginative solutions within determined commercial constraints
- Full awareness of responsibilities as team leader
- A passion for detail
- We work nationally across all sectors
- Stephen Hodder is involved at all stages ensuring an essential direct line of communication between practice and clients and a clear direction. Involvement at the highest level is guaranteed from inception to completion