Hodder + Partners is the incorporated continuation of Hodder Associates, founded in 1983. Led by Stephen and Claire Hodder, the practice is engaged nationally across all sectors from its base in Manchester. We have established a proven track record in designing intelligent and sustainable design solutions from masterplans to interiors.
In 1992 it received the Royal Fine Art Commission/Sunday Times ‘Building of the Year’ Award for Colne Swimming Pool in Lancashire. This resulted in the appointment to extend Arne Jacobsen’s Grade I listed St Catherine’s College, Oxford, a client relationship which extended for some 20 years.
In 1996, the practice received the inaugural RIBA Stirling Prize, for the Centenary Building, University of Salford. It has since won over 60 major awards, including seventeen for our most recently completed building, the Welcome Building at RHS Garden Bridgewater in Salford.
We listen, collaborate, and deliver imaginative buildings and places for people, and value for clients and delivery teams alike.
We believe our particular qualities are:
- The ability to establish close collaborative working relationships with clients, consultants and contractors
- A flexible structure and ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- A clear understanding as to the nature and means of consultations during brief assimilation and early stages of the design process
- The ability to generate both clear and imaginative solutions within determined commercial constraints
- Full awareness of responsibilities as team leader
- A passion for detail
- We work nationally across all sectors
- Stephen and Claire are involved at all stages ensuring an essential direct line of communication between practice and clients and a clear direction. Involvement at the highest level is guaranteed from inception to completion